The Carefree Liars: A Reflection on Truth in the Age of Appearances-Part 1
When Truth Began to Require Courage
Today I want to write something philosophically - to be true, I like philosophy very much, I mean extremely.
It’s been a while since I last wrote. After 29th September, I hardly found the time to sit and pen my reflections. But today, I finally found a quiet moment - a little space to write on something meaningful, something that might help someone reflect, progress, or perhaps even succeed in their personal or professional journey.
There was a time when truth was considered sacred - when words carried weight, and promises held meaning. But as I observe the changing human landscape, I find myself wondering: When did truth begin to require courage?
It’s unsettling to see how easily some people lie - not out of necessity, not even to escape, but simply because it has become their habit, their second skin.
They lie without hesitation, without pause, without even the faintest tremor of conscience. Their words flow effortlessly - carefree, almost bindaas - as if deceit were a language they were born fluent in.
The Psychology Behind the Carefree Lie
I was thinking why do some people lie with such ease? Perhaps it begins with fear - the fear of being seen as less, the fear of being judged, the fear of facing one’s own inadequacy. For some, lies become a tool to impress; for others, a shield against insecurity. Over time, the line between pretending and being fades, and falsehood becomes their comfort zone.
A lie spoken once might be a mistake;
a lie spoken often becomes a pattern;
and a life built on lies becomes a prison disguised as freedom.
Ironically, such people often appear the most confident. They smile widely, speak loudly, and act boldly - yet their confidence is borrowed, not earned. They create illusions to maintain control, but in doing so, they lose control of their own peace.
Living Without Conscience
It’s astonishing how “carefree lying” has become normalized in our social and professional worlds. People manipulate facts, twist words, and spread slander as if truth were optional - as if conscience were an outdated concept.
What they don’t realize is that every lie told steals a fragment of inner harmony. A falsehood may win admiration for a moment, but it takes away something far more precious - authenticity.
When truth is compromised, relationships lose trust, work loses meaning, and humanity loses direction.
The world does not crumble because people make mistakes; it crumbles because people stop feeling guilty about them.
What I wish to say...
Truth may be fading in the crowd, but it hasn’t lost its value. The more the world turns toward deception, the more powerful truth becomes for those who dare to live it.
Dr. Jayaram Paul
Thinker, Philosopher, Writer, Educator
Comments
Post a Comment