When Heaven Is Silent, but God Is Not Part-3

Sincerity Is Not Approval
We often carry an unspoken belief that if our intentions are honest and our efforts sincere, they should be enough. I once held this belief deeply. There were moments when I was convinced that my sincerity would surely invite approval, that the depth of my intention would outweigh any imperfection in my understanding. Yet, experience taught me otherwise.

There were times when I approached God with genuine intent, earnest in prayer and emotionally invested, yet the outcome did not align with my expectations. What felt right to me was not always right in the eyes of God. For God sees what our eyes can't. In those quiet disappointments, I began to realise that God was not rejecting my heart, but refining it.

Slowly, I came to understand that sincerity is valuable and deeply meaningful, but it is not the same as alignment with truth. This humbling realization reshaped my faith and taught me to trust God’s wisdom beyond my own emotions. It changed the way I pray, the way I trust, and the way I wait.

We often assume that sincerity should automatically result in approval. If the intention is honest, if the effort is genuine, we expect acceptance to follow. It feels fair. It feels human. Yet, our relationship with God does not operate on the same emotional logic we apply to one another.

God is not governed by human emotions. He is not persuaded by how deeply we feel or how earnestly we believe ourselves to be right. Sincerity, while valuable, is not the final measure of truth. A person can be sincere and still be mistaken. A heart can be honest and yet misaligned.

This is where faith becomes uncomfortable. It challenges the idea that good intentions are enough. God looks beyond the surface of effort and emotion. He weighs alignment, obedience, and truth. What matters is not only how strongly we hold a belief, but whether that belief is rooted in His will.

There are moments when our prayers are sincere, our sacrifices real, and our tears genuine, yet the answer is silence or refusal. Not because God is unkind, but because He sees further than our immediate understanding. His wisdom is not reactive, rather it's purposeful.

Sincerity is the beginning, not the conclusion. It opens the door to humility, to self-examination, to the willingness to be corrected. When sincerity is paired with submission, it transforms into something deeper, a faith that is not offended by correction and not shaken by delay.

God’s approval is not emotional validation. It is alignment with His truth & Will. And often, that truth reshapes us before it ever affirms us.

Dr. Jayaram Paul
Educator, Devotional Writer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Finding What Was Never Truly Lost

Daddy, I’m fine!

The Hidden Setting Behind My Internet Problem