“I Will Deliver Him" - A Reflection from Psalm 91:14a

“I will deliver him.” Psalm 91:14a

What a powerful promise from God.

The Lord does not merely watch from heaven while His children suffer. He speaks with authority and assurance, “I will deliver him.” This is the heart of our God. He is a Deliverer, a Protector, and a Savior.

God’s deliverance can come in many forms. Sometimes He delivers physically from danger, sickness, or accidents. Sometimes He delivers emotionally from fear, anxiety, loneliness, or depression. At other times, He delivers spiritually from sin, bondage, temptation, and the attacks of the enemy. There are also moments when He delivers circumstantially by opening doors, solving problems, restoring families, or providing financial help in impossible situations.

Psalm 91 reminds believers that we are never abandoned. God sees. God knows. God cares. And God is able.

Yet there is an important truth every believer must understand. We may pray, cry, request, and wait upon God, but we should never place conditions upon our faith.

Many people say:
“If God heals me, then I will serve Him.”
“If God removes my debts, then I will worship Him."
“If God answers my prayer, then I will trust Him.”

This kind of faith depends on results. It is conditional faith. But true faith trusts God even before the miracle comes.

In Daniel chapter 3 verse 17, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego stood before the fiery furnace and declared with boldness that their God was able to deliver them. Yet they also said that even if He did not, they would never bow before the idol. That is mature faith. They believed in God’s power, but they also surrendered to God’s will.

God is Almighty. He is able. He is capable of doing all things. Nothing is impossible for Him. But faith is not commanding and demanding God according to our desires. Faith is trusting God according to His wisdom.

Sometimes God delivers immediately.
Sometimes God delays.
Sometimes God changes the situation.
Sometimes God changes us through the situation. But in every season, He remains faithful.

Our relationship with God should never be a transaction. We do not worship Him only because He blesses us. We worship Him because He is God.

The greatest beauty of faith is not saying, “God will do what I want.” The greatest beauty of faith is saying, “Even if things do not happen my way, I will still trust Him.”

May our hearts learn to say:
“Lord, You are able to deliver me. But whether You do or not according to my expectation, I will still love You, trust You, and worship You.”

That is unwavering faith.
That is true surrender.
That is the spirit of Psalm 91.

Dr. Jayaram Paul
Christian Devotional Writer & Educator

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Finding What Was Never Truly Lost

Daddy, I’m fine!

The Hidden Setting Behind My Internet Problem