Sometimes It Takes Some Time
Today, I was having a conversation with one of my friends about something that all of us experience at different stages of life. We were talking about waiting. Waiting for a breakthrough. Waiting for an answer. Waiting for an opportunity. Waiting for life to move in the direction we have been praying and working towards.
As we spoke, a simple thought came to my mind, and I said,
"Sometimes it takes some time, before the moment becomes sublime, for everything to happen at its right time."
The conversation moved on, but the sentence kept coming back to my mind. It wasn't something I had prepared. It simply came out while we were talking. Yet the more I reflected on it, the more I felt that it described something we all go through.
Waiting is rarely easy. Working hard is one thing. Waiting after giving your best is something else. We can accept challenges, long hours, and sacrifices because they are within our control. What we struggle with is not knowing when the results will come. That uncertainty has a way of testing our patience more than our ability.
I have seen people give up not because they lacked talent, but because they became tired of waiting. I have also seen people achieve what once seemed impossible because they refused to stop during that waiting period. Often, the difference is not ability. It is perseverance.
When we don't see progress, our minds become restless. We begin comparing ourselves with others. Someone else gets the opportunity we were hoping for. Someone else reaches the destination we have been working towards. Quietly, we begin asking questions that have no easy answers.
I suppose every one of us has asked those questions at some point.
As I thought about our conversation, I realized that waiting is part of almost every meaningful story. A farmer waits for the harvest. A student waits for the results of years of study. Parents wait to see their children grow into responsible adults. Even the simplest things in life often take longer than we would like.
Maybe that is why waiting feels so difficult. We cannot measure it. We cannot predict when it will end. All we can do is decide what kind of person we will become while we are in it.
I don't think waiting is something any of us will ever enjoy. But perhaps it is something we can learn to understand a little better.
That simple sentence from today's conversation has given me plenty to think about.
"Sometimes it takes some time, before the moment becomes sublime, for everything to happen at its right time."
This is the first reflection in a series I hope to continue. In the next part, I want to think about another question that naturally follows this one: Does everything really have its own time?
To be continued...
Series: Sometimes It Takes Some Time - Part 1
Written by:
Dr. Jayaram Paul
Thinker, Theologian & Educator
Comments
Post a Comment